IALE Meeting Code of Conduct
IALE is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, IALE Representatives, service providers and others are expected to abide by this IALE Meetings Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies to all IALE meeting-related events including those sponsored by organizations other than IALE but held in conjunction with IALE events, in public or private facilities.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- All participants, attendees, IALE Representatives, and vendors are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, IALE Representatives and suppliers/vendors.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert IALE Representatives if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotels, IALE contracted facility, or any other venue.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, IALE Representatives member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, IALE Representatives member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Recording or taking photography of another individual’s presentation without the explicit permission of IALE is not allowed.
- Disruption of talks at oral or poster sessions, in the exhibit hall or at other events organized by IALE at the meeting venue, hotels, or other IALE contracted facilities.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- IALE Representatives (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund.
- IALE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.
- Other consequences as set forth in the IALE Code of Ethics, as applicable.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify an IALE Representatives member or IALE volunteer in a leadership position.
- Notification should be done by contacting an IALE Representatives person on-site or e-mail your concern to email@example.com.
- Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower is advised to locate a house phone and call security.
This code of conduct was adapted from the Ecological Society of America’s 2015 meeting code of conduct.